Assessment Only Route
Future Training at the Pimlico-London SCITT is an accredited provider of the Assessment Only Route to achieving Qualified Teacher Status. This route is for unqualified teachers who have taught in at least two schools for a minimum of two years full-time, and who have been responsible for planning, teaching and assessment in their school.
Enquiries are welcome from unqualified teachers with significant classroom experience and from schools with staff they wish to sponsor through the process.
Candidates must be aware that this route does not include any training, and it is therefore not a substitute for more extensive initial teacher education.
Aims of the AO route
The objectives of this programme are:
- To support the teacher to put together a portfolio of evidence.
- To complete in-school observations of the teacher’s practice by the school’s senior leaders.
- To assess the evidence provided by the portfolio and the in-schools observations against the DfE Teachers' Standards
Requirements of the Course
In order to be eligible for the AO route, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Experience of teaching lessons in two educational settings.
- A minimum of two years' experience, teaching and leading in lessons, and assessing student progress.
- UK Honours degree or equivalent.
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above. (Candidates for Primary QTS also require a GCSE in Science.)
- Successful completion of both professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy.
- Support from your employing school.
The fees for the route are £2,100. This is broken down into £200 for your interview with a SCITT representative, and £1,900 once you have secured a place on the route.
For further details, and to discuss your individual requirements, please contact us on 020 7802 3455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to the Assessment Only route, please download an application form below and send it to email@example.com.
Your application form must be signed, and include a reference from, your employing school, and it should demonstrate your competency as a teacher and that you meet the requirements for this route.